Monday, June 15, 2009

Nun sharper !

All the locals on the camino trail know that there is money to be made from pilgrims - and so do the nuns ! Of two hostals to choose from in Carrion - both run by nuns - we chose the Espiritu santo. Quick as a flash the nun receiving us says "You want family room ?" Of course we agreed and there goes 40E ! We met some pilgrims later and they paid 5E at the other hostal ! I worked out that our hostal was 8E a pilgrim but since we had 5 beds in our room we had to fork out for the 5 beds = 40E ! Gosh I´m a novice !

1 comment:

  1. I think you're lucky to have nice beds(at a rate much lower than hotels, by the way) to sleep in and should be thankkful to the nuns instead of scornful and name calling. The Camino is suppose to be a spiritual journey.
    Your blog always has something very negative to say. Is this the way your walk through life..abusive to people who help you and scornful after recieving kindnesses? I hope I don't run into any Kiwis on my camino if they are like you.

    ReplyDelete